Notification From Club to Applicants
1. Using the letter template
, notify the applicant chosen that their application was endorsed by the Club and forwarded to the Board of Trustees for consideration.
NOTE: Selection at the Club level is the first step; it does not guarantee a bursary.
2. Using the unsuccessful candidate letter template
, notify all unsuccessful applicants and encourage them to re-apply next year if they meet the criteria.
Notification From National to Clubs/Applicants
If the applicant forwarded by your Club is chosen to receive a bursary, your Club will have the honour of arranging for media coverage and presenting your local candidate with the bursary on behalf of Kin Canada Bursaries.
1. The Board of Trustees will notify Clubs, via phone, by May 30 if their endorsed bursary applicant was successful.
2. Successful applicants and their sponsoring Clubs will be notified in writing by June 30.
3. Your Club will be notified in writing by June 30 if your endorsed applicant was not chosen to receive a bursary. We ask that you notify the applicant and encourage them to apply next year if they meet the criteria.